UK Modern Slavery Act
UK MODERN SLAVERY ACT
Ralph Lauren Corporation and its subsidiaries (“Ralph Lauren”) has built its brand around the consistent production of high quality products, from apparel and home furnishings to fragrances and accessories, and its commitment to conducting business according to the highest ethical and legal standards.
We require all vendors, factories, and contractors to adhere to our Operating Guidelines which set forth our business, legal and ethical standards in the following areas: occupational health and safety, fair wages and benefits, work hours, transparent record keeping practices, freedom of association, sub-contracting, customs compliance, product safety, conflicts of interest, anti-bribery, environmental sustainability, and prohibitions on child labor, forced labor, prison labor, discrimination, and harassment. We apply the same standards and principles to our own organization, to ensure the same level of protection to our employees.
Ralph Lauren supports the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 and the UK Modern Slavery Act of 2015.
Ralph Lauren requires all of its suppliers to prohibit the hiring of slave labor and prevent practices that could contribute to human trafficking.
To eradicate slavery and human trafficking from our supply chain, we:
• verify product supply chains using third party auditors to ensure that our product supply chains are compliant with our Operating Guidelines and applicable laws and regulations prohibiting slave labor and human trafficking;
• conduct independent audits of our suppliers to evaluate their compliance with our Operating Guidelines and applicable laws and regulations prohibiting slave labor and human trafficking;
• require certification by our suppliers that materials incorporated into our products comply with our Operating Guidelines and applicable laws and regulations prohibiting slave labor and human trafficking in countries where our suppliers are doing business;
• maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees and contractors failing to meet our Operating Guidelines prohibiting slave labor and human trafficking; and
• provide training for our supply chain executives and employees on the prevention of human trafficking and slave labor.
Ralph Lauren reputation for product excellence begins in our suppliers’ facilities.